One house. Nine adults. Four kids. Two babies. Zero books read. Two jellyfish stings. Yummy seafood. Gorgeous views. More baby time than beach time. One pass out. Two Catan games. No major arguments or illnesses. 85 degree weather in August. I’d say it was overall a successful beach week. Considering that we weren’t planning on going due to the whole two new babies thing.
Lots of folks would go crazy crammed into a house with their family for an entire week, but it’s always one of my favorite weeks of the year. Even with the crazy and the chaos. Thankful for a thirty-two year tradition.
- Asheville pit stop for BURGERS and ICE CREAM
- evening wave-jumping sessions with squealing girls
- lots and lots of time at the pool
- two seafood dinners at LEE’s
- shrimp boils and DeDe’s hush puppies
- sunrises over the Atlantic
- evening beach walks
- Ellie toughing out TWO jellyfish stings
- little girls in goggles
- binge watching ALONE (we ALL guessed the wrong winner)
- Brent taking care of TWO screaming babies at once
- getting Sarah and Wilbur back home
- failing geography while watching the Opening Ceremonies
- watching Ellie finally get a chance ditch her floaties